Friday, November 5, 2010

We skipped right to Christmas

I will do more honeymoon updates later....

I figured I needed to do some real life updates on Brad and I.

As you know, we got married October 16th. I LOVE LOVE LOVE October and Fall and Halloween. It's my favorite time of year! I decorate for Halloween (complete with fake spider webs) in our apartment, but this year I was slightly distracted with wedding stuff (obviously) so all I was able to do this year was put out my pumpkin holder body (so cute with a skeleton as the body and the head is supposed to be your jack-o-lantern)....except he had no head this year...
  
Halloween 2009
I also put out a candle arrangement that spells out FALL. Brad hates it. I love it. I win! LOL

SO....since we got home from the honeymoon on October 25th...we had no Halloween costumes or plans....we decided to put up our Christmas tree on Halloween night!!!  We will tackle Halloween next year...October won't be so hectic then!

Our Christmas tree went up...but I got tired after fluffing the branches so we decided to do the rest the next night.

November 1st....I added the ornaments to the tree, while Brad decorated our mantel with garland wrapped in white lights, two angels that hold candles on either side of the mantel and our letters that spell out NOEL. We are super pumped about it! Here is our tree with the ornaments (ignore the wedding presents in the back!)
I don't have a picture of the mantel...hopefully I will soon though!

I have always told Brad that I want to have two trees. One that is cute and one that is personal. Well, we dont have room in a one bedroom apartment for two big trees...and we dont have enough personal ornaments to go on a big tree....so we bought a mini tree this year to start us off. It is a personal/Razorback tree. It has a red tree skirt and a red star and red and black razorback ornaments.

We had gotten a really sweet gift from Jourdan Wood during the wedding stuff. It is an ornament that says "Bride and Groom. Whitney and Brad" so that of course made it on the mini tree, as well as the Sandals St. Lucia ornament we bought on our honeymoon. It is of a bride and groom. I thought it was perfect.

So our tiny tree is on our kitchen counter top and the big tree is where a kitchen table should be. (We dont have a kitchen table yet....we have priorities....like christmas!)

We also have two wreaths up. One on our front door that has blinking lights and one on our back door that I wrapped the lights on myself and it is battery powered!!!

I had started buying Christmas presents in August and they have been sitting in a corner in our apartment waiting to be wrapped. Last night, during Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice I wrapped our first two gifts to go under the tree. I only got a picture of the first one!
The first gift is for my Father-in-Law. I hope he likes it! The second gift (not pictured) is for my Grammy in Virginia!!!

I like to start my shopping early so I dont stress out about it and I can find things for people as I see them or as I think about the individual....I prefer my way of doing Christmas shopping!!

As I wrapped gifts and watched TV...Brad put our Christmas lights on our patio! We are slowly but surely getting everything decorated! We have a few more random decorations up in the apartment, but eventually I want it covered in Christmas!

We love Christmas and what it means to us and our families! We love to give gifts and celebrate the birth of our Lord....So we figured we would start early this year! Nothing like eating Thanksgiving left overs while looking at your Christmas tree!!!

This weekend we have big plans. Tonight we are going out to eat with some friends for my birthday. We are going to eat at Boscos. I love the pizza there AND they have my favorite wine (Pinot Grigio) on the House Wine List!! SCORE!!

Tomorrow I've got a lunch date with my good friend SaraJane Love and her mom! SaraJane's birthday is the 12th of this month and mine is the 8th. Last year, we went to lunch at  Larry's pizza and then headed to Holiday House....and it was our way of celebrating our birthdays together. So we decided to do that same thing every year to celebrate! I am excited! I love consistency!

Brad has drill, so he is getting to work while I play! Good thing he loves his job!

That is all of the update I have for now! Hopefully I can update you more on our Honeymoon and more Christmas decorations!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment